The Castle Filangeri fortress of Lapio was built by the Normans. The first written mention of the Castle appeared in a deed in 1130, in this deed, a certain Ruggiero made a donation to Montevergine monastery.
The new owners of the Castle were the Filangieri family in the 16th century. At the same time, several remakings of the Castle changed its medieval look, transforming it from a powerful fortress into a magnificent aristocratic residence.
Today we can only admire a quadrangular Tower.